*TELL Classes are postponed until further notice*
Besides providing basic English language skills, TELL allows the participants the opportunity to learn, practice and consolidate their job seeking and workplace English vocabulary. The aim of TELL is to consolidate and expand a basis of conversational and functional spoken English, including vocabulary for target industries with frequent employment opportunities, such as catering, warehouse, cleaning and construction.
TELL aims to cover the following themes and proposes the following content:
- Familiarisation with basic grammar.
- Conversational English skills.
- Functional spoken language skills specific to job seeking.
- Comprehension of instructions in given industry.
- Spoken and written ability to ask clarification questions about a certain task.
- How to report possible problems that may arise during employment.
- Basic reading and writing skills for correct product identification and instructions.
These Free English Classes are hosted on the Mendicity Institution premises twice a week. For more information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TELL (Targeted English Language Learning) is organised by the City of Dublin Education and Training Board (CDETB). The CDETB Community Education activity is funded by the Irish Government and part funded by the European Social Fund under the Human Capital Investment Operational programme 2014 – 2020.
We would also like to express our gratitude to the Dublin Inner City Trust for their donation for TELL, which allowed us to purchase the necessary teaching infrastructure.